Founders of BMS Institutions

Late Sri B. M. Sreenivasaiah

In the history of Karnataka, the name of Late Businayana Mukundadas Sreenivasaiah (BMS) occupies a prominent place in the field of Philanthropy. The Maharaja of Mysore honoured him with the title of Raja Karya Prasaktha in 1946. He started the B.M.S. College of Engineering in the same year. He had foreseen the urgent need for high quality technical education in India, even before independence. The ideals for which Sri. B. M. Sreenivasaiah stood, continued to inspire the inheritors of his legacy.

Late Sri B. S. Narayan

Sri. B. S. Narayan, the dynamic and enterprising son of the founder, took over the reins of the college after the demise of “Sri.B. M. Sreenivasaiah”. Under his able guidance the institution grew from strength-to- strength. He established BMS College of Law in 1963, BMS College for Women in 1964 and he was also instrumental in initiating international collaborative programmers such as training foreign students under and cross cultural programs with Melton Foundation, USA under International Co-operation Division (ICD).

|| Founder’s Mission ||

Promoting prosperity of mankind by augmenting human resource capital through quality Technical Education and Training.